The following are the most prominent new functions introduced in the version 2.7:
- autoexposure – the algorithms will automatically estimate the brightness of the projector and the required exposure times to obtain optimal scanning results,
- removal of rotary table surface and areas outside of the scanned object – a new function to easily and intuitively identify the plane which determines the limit of the acquired scans, the automatic application of which significantly accelerates further processing of scans by skipping tedious tasks of cutting out unwanted scanned areas that do not belong to the scanned object,
- new tool for defining variable steps of the rotary table – the newly designed rotary table management module allows to define in an easy way variable moving steps of the table.
eviXscan3D Suite software upgrade 2.7 also improved existing features, namely:
- automatic removal of markers (targets) during the scanning – the rewritten and enhanced point cloud generator provides the ability to automatically clean the resulting scan from captured 3D markers which significantly improves the comfort of further processing steps to obtain the final STL model,
- optimization of graphic engine for the processing and evaluation of scans – the improved surface display methods to visualize even the smallest details on a 3D scan; introduced a surface view with an overlaid mesh of triangles for better analysis of surface topology,
- more efficient graphics engine – the boosted algorithms allow for a fivefold increase in the number of frames per second displayed when the view is dynamically changed,
- improved algorithms for aligning scans with the use of unique coded markers significantly reduce the scan detection and matching errors by up to five times which in turns provides more accurate and faster global scan registration.
eviXscan 3D Suite 2.7 ensures full compatibility with all eviXscan 3D scanners and associated devices. It works with the following eviXscan 3D scanner: Loupe+, Pro+, HD Quadro, HD Optima and HD Basic to the extent that the scanner model allows.
– The newly issued software package eviXscan 3D Suite 2.7 offers new functionalities which help and facilitate the 3D scanning, and at the same time provides a significant improvement in accuracy and speed of the scanning process – says Szymon Ścibik, Software Lead Developer from R&D Team at Evatronix.
– We listen to our customer's and partners' opinions, which give us directions for further software development and we adjust eviXscan 3D Suite to their needs on an ongoing basis.
Evatronix SA offers services in the field of design of electronic and mechatronic devices with accompanying software. The most common applications are Internet of Things types of systems. In cooperation with proven subcontractors in the value chain, the company also realizes prototype series, pilot and low-volume production of designed devices. Evatronix SA is also a manufacturer of 3D scanners sold under the eviXscan 3D brand. Based on the 3D scanning technology Evatronix designs and implements automatic quality control systems.
On the Polish market Evatronix also acts as a supplier of printed circuit boards and Pulsonix software for designing printed circuit boards. The local government appreciated the company’s innovativeness and global reach: in 2019 it received the prestigious Company of the Year award of the City of Bielsko-Biała.